Sutter Health Registered Nurse (RN) - Primary Care Clinician (Home Health) Monterey County **Sign-On Bonus!** in Salinas, California
*Sign-on bonus available for this position - in accordance with Sutter Health policy
**Territory: this position covers all of Monterey County
On any given day, Sutter Care at Home (SCAH) touches the lives of thousands of individuals by bringing health care directly to our patient's home - where most people chose to receive their care.
Sutter Care at Home is one of the largest not-for-profit home health care and hospice agencies in Northern California. Founded in 1906, SCAH is committed to compassion and excellence through home health care, hospice, home medical equipment and respiratory care, home infusion therapy, private and geriatric care, Lifeline medical alert services and community flu and wellness programs. Serving more than 150,000 patients in 23 counties each year, Sutter Care at Home clinician’s partner with our patients for better health.
Sutter Care at Home is the home health care and hospice affiliate of Sutter Health, one of the nation's largest not-for-profit health care systems.Through competitive wages and benefits, flexible schedules, innovative care models, new technologies, and tuition reimbursement - Sutter Care at Home strives to be your "employer of choice."
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Primary Care Clinician (PCC) is an experienced RN who is responsible for the overall management of approximately 25 patients including the provision of direct care with a designated visit productivity standard. This position plans, organizes, and directs all patient care services for patients in the assigned caseload in accordance with current standards and regulations, ensuring the optimal degree of quality care is maintained. Responsible for coordinating the interdisciplinary team to implement the established plan of patient care and ensuring effective management of visit utilization and control of expenses. May assist in agency wide orientation, competency evaluations and consultation to clinical staff related to specific expertise as requested by Clinical Manager.
· RN graduate from an accredited curriculum. Bachelor’s degree in nursing or health related field preferred.
· Current California RN license; valid California driver’s license; current auto insurance; current BCLS/CPR certification.
· One year of professional experience in an acute or similar setting required.
· One year of experience in a home health and/or hospice position preferred.
· Direct patient care experience within the past five years required.
Thorough understanding of home care and/or hospice services, Title XXII, Medicare Conditions of Participation, JCAHO home health and/or hospice accreditation requirements, QI outcomes/benchmarking, infection control; good understanding of reimbursement patterns for Medicare and other payors; good working understanding of budget and other financial reports. Clinical competency that meets and exceeds testing levels on a regular basis.
· Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility, energy and creativity. Ability to form harmonious working relationships with internal and external customers.
· Demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills and the ability to manage resources for patient care in a cost effective manner. E
· Excellent collaborative and problem solving skills with customers and management. Ability to exercise independent sound judgment in planning and providing patient care.
· Demonstrated ability in physical, psychosocial, and environmental assessment skills and in implementing plan of treatment.
· Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts; effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, think critically to both effectively plan and organize department operations consistent with Sutter Care at Home’s strategic and operating objectives and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to consult supervisor.
· Must be able to deal with challenging work environment with time demands and occasional conflicting priorities.
· Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or license requirements.
· Is responsible for maintaining all required licensure and certifications. At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet Sutter VNA & Hospice core competencies for position and area of specialty, as appropriate.
Primary Location: California, Peninsula/South Bay and Santa Cruz, Salinas
Organization: Sutter Care at Home
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: One Weekend a Month
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.