WestRock Corrugator Superintendent in Salinas, California
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Corrugator Superintendent-Salinas, CA
1078 Merrill St, PO Box 81211
Salinas, California, 93912-1211
Corrugator Superintendent – Salinas, CA
1078 Merrill St
Salinas, CA 93912
The Opportunity Responsible for assisting in the management of the entire corrugator department. Ensures quality systems are in place to comply with customer specifications and manages on a timely basis, per schedule. How you will impact WestRock: Ensure a safe work environment for all employees. Leads corrugator crew and oversees performance of shift supervisors.
Oversee the proper training and manning of hourly positions.
- Oversees Safety compliance
- Ensuring Quality Systems are in place and comply withcustomer specifications
- Manager production of customer product on timely basisper schedule
- Meet with management on the status and resolution of jobpostings, employee performance problems and other related human resourcematters and provides communication feedback
- Determine manpower necessary to accomplish corrugator productionrequirements on a daily and weekly basis including vacation scheduling inaccordance with labor agreement
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies andprocedures, including safety program, union contract and good housekeeping.
- Additional duties as assigned
What you will need to succeed: Corrugated box experience 3+ years supervisory experience Exposure to formal safety, quality and productivitysystems such as ISO and OSHA training. Willing and able to work required hours Excellent communication skills including both written andverbal communication Must possess strong strategic planning and analyticalskills; able to organize and prioritize work Able to make effective decisions independently *CBWRK
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.