MUFG Union Bank Client Service Officer, Analyst (Bilingual Japanese/English) - Transaction Banking in Monterey Park, California
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Provide exceptional customer service to the bank's top-tier client portfolio for Treasury/Cash Management needs in theAsian Corporate Banking Westmarket segment. Independently research, analyze and resolve a broad range of complex customer issues involving services and products that support various market segments. Provide a high level of responsiveness to internal and external customer inquiries by phone, e-mail, or in person. Follow up to ensure full resolution and satisfaction. Analyze data and make recommendation as to exposure and possible risk to the bank on new accounts, wire transfers, overdraft conditions, and uncollected funds usage. Requires strong critical thinking ability as work is performed without substantial direction. Requires strong knowledge of the Bank's Risk policies and procedures; recognizes and proactively addresses and manages risk. Ability to use sound judgment while exercising considerable latitude and initiative in problem solving to meet customer service needs.
• Provide outstanding customer service to clients, banking offices, account management, sales representatives and merchants.
• Develop rapport and establish key relationships with critical business units.
• Make independent decisions regarding customer requests weighing impact based on risk and drawing on overall banking knowledge and experience.
• Proactively manage complex customer service needs.
• Review account analysis statements with customers and officers regarding service fees, pricing and deficits.
• Manage non-credit and operational risk to minimize operational losses; collectable overdrafts, wires and other exceptions.
• Use excellent technical and job knowledge as well as problem-solving and critical thinking skills to make sound decisions while balancing risk with opportunity.
• Use the highest level of expertise to quickly and effectively resolve banking office and client issues.
• Evaluate customer service issues identifying root causes and making recommendations based on thorough analysis.
• Maintain customer centric approach and effectively identify course of action to meet service level agreements with an emphasis on first call resolution.
• Develop creative win-win service solutions.
• Use excellent sales referral techniques to recommend product and services to support bank marketing strategy.
• Provide absolute "one-stop shopping" customer service experience.
• Accountable for the servicing and operational customer experience across departments throughout the organization.
• Strong knowledge of banking systems and the organization to be able to implement customer service strategy independently.
• Demonstrate excellent service level awareness and quickly respond to issues that could impede customer service.
• Develop and document special handling procedures for new processes.
• Assist with special projects and implementation of department initiative as appropriate. Train and coach new employees.
• Act as a resource to other Customer Service Representatives.
• Work closely with customer, Relationship Manager and Treasury Management Services to coordinate implementation of new customers for deposit and fee based services. Discuss applicable delivery channel and service options with customer.
• May travel to customer site to make servicing presentations or lead tours for clients at the Bank Facility.
• Prepare and manage to completion the opening of new accounts, the review of legal documentation, and identify/approve exceptions.
• Coordinate and review various types of legal documentation with clients and officers to avoid document deficiency.
• Assist in decision making on account type and setup.
• Conduct outbound calls to new clients after initial boarding to ensure quality service. Follow up with clients for document deficiencies.
• Utilize a strong knowledge of Treasury and Cash Management products, wholesale operations, governing regulations and internal policies and procedures to professionally respond to customer inquiries.
• Independently manage all inquiries on any transaction or cash management service.
• Provide technical assistance to internal clients to resolve complex inquiries, servicing requests and operational matters.
• Maintain records of repetitive service problems, resolutions and customer concerns and make recommendations for improving customer service levels.
• Identify and refer prospects and cross-sell opportunities to relationship manager for business development.
• May act as Supervisor in the Manager's absence; perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Bilingual Japanese/English communication skills required both written and verbal
High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
4 years of Financial Services/Banking industry and regulatory/operations experience desirable.
Relationship Management and/or Bank sales experience preferred.
2 years of Call center experience desirable.
2 Portfolio Management service experience desirable.
Exceptional customer service and leadership skills required.
Model the highest degree of honesty, integrity, and reliability.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced call center.
Possess outstanding research and follow-up skills.
Flexible to work various shifts to meet the needs of the business.
Some travel is required.
Strong computer systems aptitude; including a strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power point).
/The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses./
Job: *Customer Service
Title: Client Service Officer, Analyst (Bilingual Japanese/English) - Transaction Banking
Location: CALIFORNIA-Monterey Park
Requisition ID: 10021052-WD