CALIBRE Career Transition Workshop Facilitator/Trainer in Monterey, California
CALIBRE Systems Inc, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Solutions company, is looking for a part-time variable-hour Career Transition Workshop Facilitator/Trainer. This position is located at Naval Postgraduate School Monterey, CA. Trainers conduct workshops for separating and retiring military personnel and their spouses who are transitioning from the U.S. military and entering the civilian job market. A successful candidate will facilitate 2-3 workshops a month or as needed. Each workshop is 3 days in length (daytime hours). May be asked to travel to other locations in CA or throughout the U.S. Travel up to 25% may be required.
Facilitators/Trainers deliver comprehensive career transition workshops to assist transitioning Service members on topics including:
- Career Decision Making;
- Identifying Job Goals;
- Job Search Techniques;
- Translating Military to Civilian;
- Marketing Transferable Skills;
- Resume Preparation;
- Interviewing Skills;
- Dress for Success; and
- Job Offer and Salary Negotiations.
- Must be able to enter U.S. military bases and buildings: this may require passing and maintaining a background check;
- Comprehensive understanding of the U.S. labor market and public and private sector employment practices;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Interactive, dynamic and energetic training style necessary to engage this military audience in job search training activities. A training demonstration will be required as part of the interview;
- Must own a computer, have email capability and have experience using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Training, Education, Career Counseling, or HR strongly preferred; Education requirement can be waived with 3+ years of experience in facilitation/training;
- Experience as a trainer/facilitator/instructor. Experience delivering job search workshops is preferred;
- Knowledge of the military and experience working with military clients is strongly preferred;
- Candidate should reside (or be planning to soon reside) in the local commuting are within 50 miles of both Naval Postgraduate School Monterey and the Defense Language Institute at Presidio of Monterey.
(Other education, commensurate experience and demonstrated ability of individual may be substituted.)
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH OUR CAREERS PAGE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team! #CALIBRECareers
Tracking Code: TEA 2510-585
Job Location: Monterey, California, United States
Position Type: Part-Time